Dr. William Smith is the Founder, President, and Principal Investigator of VRG and NOCCR, the AMR centers in Knoxville, TN and New Orleans, LA. He is also one of the original founders of AMR. Dr. Smith is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Nephrology, and Cardiology. He has been involved in more than 1,700 clinical trials over the past 35 years. He is a frequent lecturer and author and publishes extensively
03:00 PM - 04:00 PM Wed, Jun 17, 2020 TBC
COVID-19 Impact on Clinical TrialsCOV-19 has impacted research sites in multiple ways both positive and negative. Discussion of these positive and negative impacts and how research sites are dealing with the current situation, including Sponsor delays, safety of research staff and subjects, financial implications and identifying ways to still conduct research visits through telemed and/or home visits.
Learning Objectives and Participant OutcomesLearning to deal with the challenges posed along with research in the midst of a pandemic outbreak and how sites, Sponsors and subjects can overcome.
- Impact of COV-19 on clinical research trials
- Safety of staff and subjects in the midst of pandemic.
- Emergence of telemed and home visits to maintain study data.
- Understand how clincal research sites are dealing with pandemic impacts.
- Learn more about the importance of integrating telemedicine into the field of clinical research.
- Efficiently plan for continued COV-19 impacts and minimzing the effects.
- Discover the financial implications of COV-19 across all aspects of research